Thinking about Volunteering?
FoHVOS has several opportunities for individuals, groups and families wishing to make a difference. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
or register online
Families and Groups
Join us on our semi-annual Clean Up Days (see News and Events for upcoming dates
) or help monitor one of our many FoHVOS properties – makes for a great annual family project – we'll give you all the information and training needed!
Clean Communities 2017
8 am - 12 pm at Hopewell Township Public Works
Clean Communities Spring Cleanup
FoHVOS and Hopewell Township have partnered to host Clean Communities Day, a statewide program to keep our public spaces clean. This program is open to everyone- any youth, adult, religious, school or civic organization may participate. There are over 100 designated clean-up sites. Work for two hours and earn money for the nonprofit of your choice, or donate it to FoHVOS. To register or to learn more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Families, Groups and Individuals
– Do you want to feel a real connection to the outdoors? Enjoy hands on volunteering? Then this is the project for you! We need your help with a variety of meaningful community stewardship programs that are suitable for groups such as schools or civic organizations, businesses and families. Help FoHVOS support biodiversity protection efforts on our ever-growing inventory of conserved land. Upcoming projects include:
- Assist with trail building and maintenance projects;
- Become part of the New Jersey Invasive Species Strike Team by searching for and removing newly emerging invasive species, and
- Assist with our forest health monitoring system that helps guide our Deer Management Program.
Bring us your talent and enthusiasm – consider volunteering on one of two committees below.
Marketing and Outreach
– FoHVOS participates in several community events throughout the year - be an "open space" ambassador. We are also looking for creative ways to promote the importance of open space conservation through special projects, publications and our website. You must be able to meet 4-6 times per year.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER ONLINE